Friday, April 27, 2007

Something For Friday Afternoon

Monday, I posted some pictures of our hike that we took last weekend. Although they are nice pictures, I didn't really find them too appealing...and so I began working on a panorama of the hike. I took 23 pictures and put them together. It wasn't exactly an easy task, but I finally completed it! I have been working on it for several hours each day since Monday and I probably have a good 10-12 hours worth of work on the picture. I put a few different versions together to see what I would get...

The first one is the basic view when I put all the photos together - you can see the way the camera swings from low to high and then low again - this is about 130 degrees of view.With a little cropping I get the rectangular look of the picture and what a typical panoramic picture would look like. After I cropped the photo I brightened it a little and added some saturation to make the foreground stand out a little more - it was dark from taking the photo into the sun on the right side. If you look very closely you can see the small variations throughout the photo from the previous one, but basically just enough to add some more color without overdoing it.My final rendition is an over exaggerated color scheme, but oddly I find it to be my favorite one. The bright vibrant colors stand out and really catch my eye.I have to shrink the pictures down to 1/3 of the real size they are to post on the internet to allow for them to load at a decent speed - but if I were to leave them are regular size they would be 100"x35" - that's basically 8 feet long by 3 feet high! That would be a fun picture to have hanging on the wall.

Laura and I are hoping to get out for a hike this weekend so I will likely be taking more pictures and if the view is good enough I am sure I will have another panorama to work on. Tonight, I'm making my way to ultimate frisbee pickup to enjoy the 70 evening. Tomorrow the prediction is 78! I've been waiting for these days all winter. It's time to break out the shorts and see how much more weight I need to lose so I can wear them! ha ha! Have a great weekend, I know I will. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home