Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Stop On Our Trip Home

On our way back to Missoula, we returned on a different highway and geocached on the way back. One of the geocaches was in a ghost town called Gilmore. There are still a few people who live around the town, but nothing like 100 years ago when it was a silver mining town. I did some work with Photoshop in the first picture to make the red house stand out a little more - I found it quite odd to see a red house still standing amongst all the worn and weathered wooden buildings.

I really don't know much about the town, like I said, we just stumbled upon it and didn't have any plans of seeing a ghost town on the trip. There are a few ghost towns in the area that I still would like to visit before we leave the area, but our list of things to do keeps growing longer while our time keeps getting shorter. Strange how that works. Here's some more pictures.That's all I have to share today. It's been kind of slow around here, but that's how I like it right now. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home