Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Nevermind, Pack The Truck Again...

Well, I know I said we would be packing the car up and heading to Nebraska, but it looks like plans are changing. After having the car into the shop on Monday, it has been determined the car is in bad shape. Considering the car had more things WRONG with it than it had right, we decided the truck was the best mode of transportation for the trek.

This evening I dug deep into the garage and found the side rails for the truck. It's been awhile since they have seen the open road - in fact, I built them for the move to Missoula in August 2005 and after we arrived I modified them to what they are today. They haven't been used since then. I'm not exactly sure we will need them for the trip, but we are going to pack up a few things to take back to Nebraska - namely the things we have not been using. For instance, our glass deck table and chairs that we bought last fall on clearance. We haven't even opened the box yet, even though we are really excited to to have them. The feeling is that with so many animals running around, and so many renters in and out of the house every few months, we might end up breaking it, OR someone might feel the urge to take them with them, so might as well get it somewhere that it will be taken care of.

My favorite flowers are blooming again in our front planter. I really have no clue what they are, but I love taking pictures of them. The pink and yellow really contrasts and makes for an interesting look with the green background.

Work has been going good. Today we received a few rain showers and that gave us a thorough soaking - twice! We are just working on a small project right now, it looks like we will be done with it by Wednesday afternoon.

Thursday we are hitting the road early for Cheyenne. We are going to travel to Butte and take I-15 South to Highway 33 in Idaho - which will take us into Jackson, Wyoming. It's been a long time since I was in Jackson, so we are going to add a new road to our travels. From Jackson we will head south to Rock Springs and knock off another Wyoming highway. We will only have a few more roads to travel in Wyoming before we have traveled on all the highways in the state!

Finally, I took some video from our back deck with my sister's new camera. I compressed the video so it wouldn't be as big to download, so the quality is rather bad, but I don't know that it matters much in this case... This is some footage I took from Sunday night when wind speeds reached 60+ mph here in Missoula. I was kinda hoping the tree in the backyard would fall over, but no such luck - just a bunch of flying leaves. Locals thought it was a rather good storm, whereas Laura and I got a good laugh at the big news story being a tree crashing onto a new car and ruining it. I usually don't consider a storm too impressive until wind speeds reach upwards of 75 mph - that's technically a category one hurricane. Anyway, a little wind and rain is all that came from the storm - no tornado, hail, or anything fun like that. *sigh* I can't wait to be back on the Great Plains and watch those storms roll across the prairie. Now that's power!

I'll be back in a week with all the highlights of our trip. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home