Friday, June 01, 2007

A Quick Blog Before Work

It's been well over a week since I have blogged, and it looks like it will be a few days before I get a moment to sit down, so I am making a quick blog before work this morning. Since last Friday we have been on the move and we don't have any plans of stopping any time soon!

Let's back up a week and I'll tell you about my trip to Bozeman, Montana for Bozofest - the Ultimate Frisbee tournament I went to. I played on the Missoula B-team, which was comprised of mostly the second rate players around town. The 'A team' is known as the Flycoons and they were the runner-up in the tourney. My team, the Shuttlecocks (like the badminten birdie) wasn't so good. We played 5 games and we lost all of them. We nearly won our 4th game - we only lost by one point! Temperatures were in the 80's the entire weekend and I got a good tan as well. The party on Saturday night was a blast as well. After being fed spaghetti, all the teams gathered round the bonfire and intermingled. There were teams from Portland, Seattle/Fort Collins, Salt Lake City, Edmonton (Canada) and 2 teams from Missoula and Bozeman - it was quite a party. There was a band and at midnight the pinata's came out - to break the pinata's we threw frisbees at them as hard as possible and we finally had them open by 1:00 a.m.! We camped out on Saturday night and finished up the tournament on Sunday afternoon and returned to Missoula.

My hat this week comes from the Bozofest tournament. I sported a bandana look with my white t-shirt and skirt. Yes, I said skirt. The whole perpose of being shuttlecock's was to look like the badminton birdie - so the red hat and white suit with skirt was the team uniform.

On Wednesday night my city league Ultimate Frisbee team won the championship. We had quite a game too. We were up 5-1 and suddenly we found ourselves tied at 6-6. After taking a 9-6 lead again we managed to let them tie it up at 9. The game was played to 11 so we had our work cut out for us, but some major efforts helped us win 11-9.

Here's a good picture Laura got of me making a play. I was supposed to be catching the disc in the air, but that wasn't the case. I crashed back into Earth without the disc in my hand, and ate some dirt as well!

This weekend we are headed to Troy, Montana. It's a little town in the Northwest corner of the state, almost to Canada, where we are going to see our old neighbor's. Brooklyn (the dog) will be excited to see us, and we will be excited to get out of town for awhile and see our friends and some new country. We're gonna spend the weekend there and be back on Sunday to prepare for our trip to Nebraska the next weekend!!!! Finally!

I better get myself out the door. I've got to have the truck into the tire dealership at 8:00 to finish the alignment on the truck - it was so bad last night that they are having it brought back this morning to finish it - that would explain the abnormal wear on my old tires!

Have a good weekend! We are looking at temperatures in the 90's here, so we will be trying to stay cool. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home