Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Workin' In The Rain

Another late start to work today. We've got some digging to do at the work site and it was decided to rent an excavator for the day instead of breaking our backs with the shovel and pickax. The rain and wind, along with the temperature, the past two days hasn't exactly been a treat either. Yesterday, when I walked out the door the temp was 39! I took the heavy gear to wear for the morning. Here's my socks after work on Monday - my leather boots are only waterproof until they get wet, so it didn't take much more than an hour in the rain to soak my feet for the entire day. No, my socks are not usually yellow, they are brand new socks and as white as can be. Laura washed them and they are back to being white. Monday, the high was 48, so the rain and wind wasn't a welcoming addition to being down on the ground planting trees all day. Thankfully today we are looking to make it into the 60's so that will be a comfortable environment for working.

This weekend I bought a new camera for my sister, and I have been taking pictures with it like crazy. All the pictures on my blog today actually we taken with her camera... Well, technically it's my camera until she pays me for it, so until then I will enjoy it! No, actually I am learning all the bells and whistles on the camera so I can give her a quick 'how-to' when she gets it. I took it to Pub-Quiz last night and took some pictures. I usually play cards and talk with everyone while we answer questions. Last night we finished 9th, which isn't too impressive, but we had our second highest score with only 5 people (Laura and I included) so we were happy with our finish. We aced two rounds and got all 10 questions right, and we nailed 9 out of 10 songs in the music round!!! I owe one of the songs to dad for letting me listen to his "Three Dog Night" cassette tape when I was young - I never thought that would come in handy! ha ha! The music round is usually my favorite round because they are songs that most people know, or have heard, but usually have a hard time getting the artist of the song.

And, as usual, I sported another hat for the evening. Here's one I inherited from grandpa, the County Weed & Pest District. I look a little tired after my day at work and being out until 11:00 p.m. racking my brain with trivia questions.

Tonight, we play a double-header at Ultimate Frisbee. That will keep me busy for the evening, and a little more tired than usual, but I am excited to get out there and have some fun. We are dressing up with a theme tonight - it's "Wedding Night" for our team. A couple on our team got married over the weekend and we are dressing with a wedding theme tonight. Laura and I made a trip to Goodwill and I bought a tie and nice slacks, which are about 6 inches too short (for good comic appeal), to wear for the games tonight. I will be sure to get some pictures, I am sure we will really be a big hit!

I'm off to work now. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home