Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Since work has started, I have been on the move constantly. Between work, ultimate frisbee, running, and everything else, I have only had a few minutes each day to relax. Not that I'm complaining though, all I really have to do is work, but everything else is just a nice way to get out and do something. I'm usually up by 7:00 a.m. and at work at 8. I'm home around 5 and ultimate frisbee begins around 6 and goes until dark, which is a little past 9 right now. I grab a quick bite to eat and get cleaned up before climbing into bed and watching a few minutes of news and maybe Leno's opening monologue before crashing for the night so I can get up and do it all over again.

The weather has been a real mess that past week. Last wekk we had a few inches of snow on the mountains and highs in the upper 50's, this week we are seeing upper 70's and my suntan is darkening quickly - although it's only my arms and face.

Work has been great. We worked on a rock wall for the past week and finished it up yesterday. We built the wall at a place we worked at last year - we built stone steps, a patio, and a retaining wall. The guy reading the paper, Scott, is actually sitting on the patio we built last year and the steps go down to the left. The retaining wall is on the left side as well, lining the steps. The wall was a lot of fun to build because there was no blueprint for how to piece it all together, it was completely trial and error.This morning we are meeting up in about an hour and heading out of town about 25 miles to do some work. It was nice to be able to relax a little this morning before heading out for the day, and tonight is frisbee league, so I will be running and getting plenty of exercise as it is.

Running is going well. Saturday, Laura and I went for a 40 minute run and made it about 4.8 miles without too much effort, so it's nice to know we can still cruise along at 8 minute miles when we are not in very good shape. The plan is to do a long run during the weekend and even though 5 miles isn't exactly a long run, it's a good start for a 40 minute jog.

Sunday we did some hiking south of town and did some geocaching. We actually made a quick hike out of it, and we were home by 1:00 p.m. and had the rest of the day to do things around the house and watch the end of the NASCAR race that was rained out on Saturday night.

I'm off to work soon, have a great day - it's going to be a nice one here! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home