Friday, December 28, 2007

Post Christmas, Pre New Year

We've made it to that time of year when we are in between celebrations. Christmas is over, but the new year is lingering closer and closer. As far as our trip from Montana, it was rather uneventful... Well, I shouldn't say that because we did have a lot of fun things happen, but as far as having trouble with the truck or trailer we just went right down the road all the way to Cheyenne and then to Kearney.

We spent a few days in Cheyenne together before I had to come to Kearney. I left for Kearney at 4:30 to get to here in time to head off for a job interview. Laura stayed behind and spent some time with her family - she was delivered to Kearney by her brother the next afternoon.

My interview went well and my job will be starting in January. I will be taking Laura back to Montana and spending a few days with her, pack up my things, and move back to Nebraska in the next few weeks.

Our geocaching on this trip has been rather unique. We have actually found a few caches, and nearly all of them have been under snow - we are really going along! In fact, as of last night we were at 1592, but I suspect we will be up to 1600 by next week.

I took the picture of the moon - the nice camera has been returned to Laura's mom and we are back to our cameras. I don't need a lot of photos of the moon, so I think I can manage for awhile until I upgrade to a better camera - but that might be awhile anyway.

I'm randomly jumping around here, but I've got a lot of random thoughts going on this morning. Blogging on my laptop isn't as easy as blogging from by desktop computer... Anyway, I wanted to share a picture from a geocache we stopped at in Wyoming. Shirley Basin in Wyoming is where a lot of nuclear reactor tailings were dumped - this site closed in 2000 and it's easily accessible, but it's marked quite well to inform people what's going on.

Otherwise, we are enjoying some downtime here in Nebraska. We are headed to Cheyenne on New Years Eve and then a few days later we will be headed back to Montana so I can get back to Nebraska. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home