Monday, February 21, 2011

Where Will I Be In 2011?

I've been thinking about the year 2011 for quite some time now. I think the first time I ever thought about it was back in middle school, when we were asked to think about what we wanted to be doing ten years after we finished high school. At that time it was hard to look beyond middle school... I mean really, we had to go through high school yet. Not to mention the possibility of college... That's a long time - especially for a 13 year old.

For some reason 2011 has arrived and now I can barely grasp how fast it happened. Even looking back to high school I don't think 2001 was all that long ago. Did something happen around 2003-2006 that I just kind of 'spaced out' and wasn't here? (Don't worry honey, I still remember our wedding day.)

On Facebook the Kearney High School class of 2001 is slowly coming out of the woodwork. Not everyone, but most of us are. It's fun to see all the people that I don't remember. No, let me re-phase that. It's not that I don't remember them, it's simply that I haven't seen them since the day we graduated and therefore I don't think of them. Now, in a few months, our paths will cross once again and we will get together and talk about our lives and how it seems like only yesterday we were walking the halls of Kearney High.

In a strange way, I can still take myself back to 2001 and think about what I want to be doing in 2011. Wow, that's ten years away - and the world is a changing place. Who knows what will happen in that time. I will be 28 years old... Hopefully I will be married and I might even have some kids too... If I could only go back to 2001 and warn myself! Ha ha! :)

I wouldn't go back and do anything differently. Why would I? I've had it pretty easy. There's not many people who get to take a multi-year vacation to Montana and do all stuff we did after we got married. Now that we have kids and have settled down we reminisce about how much we liked it in Montana. Of course while we were there we wanted to be closer to family and friends and it was a strange place to us, but now that we are a little older and a little wiser (I said a little!) we can see how simple things were for us. That's ok, I'd still keep everything just as it is. Besides, I don't have the time to go back and change things...I've got two kids!

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home