Saturday, November 05, 2005

Saturday's happen'ins

Yesterday evening a good snow storm was working it's way into the valley. It had developed south of us in the Bitterroot Valley and put a lot of snow on Lolo Peak and North Peak to our south. The photo to the left was taken looking west, showing the leading edge of the storm, the blue sky to the north, and the valley below. I thought this was a nice picture to show the snow on the moutains.




So this morning, at 7:30 - it's the weekend mind you - my wife gets up, looks out the window and yells "OH LOOK! THERE'S SNOW!" I don't quite share the enthusiasm she does when it comes to snow in the mountains. We live on the side of a mountain and driving on a mountain in snow is not what I call fun... When I lived in Nebraska the snow wasn't something of concern for me, it was just a great source for hours of entertainment. However, add the factor of skidding off off a road and down a steep inbankment and now the snow just becomes a pain. Fortunatly there was very little snow and it melted quickly, the valley below didn't recieve nearly as much as we did, and that was minimal to begin with.

This afternoon and into evening is to be spent in the company of chemistry grad students. HELP! It really puts me in my place as far as common sense goes however. You would think people who are able to do math equations far past my geography degree level would have some common sense not to touch a hot surface with a bare hand, however this has been proven time and time again this semester from my wife and her labratory partners who commonly show up with blisters and burns... yet somehow I trust my future existence and health to people who have trouble understanding things I knew when I was three. Ah, thus I continue on though..... Until again

-=Nolan=-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, being one of those "chemistry grad. students" as well as Nolan's wife, I will have to disagree about the common sense comment. I don't think it is that us chemists lack common sense, it is just that our brains are often so full of "math equations" that there seems to be little room left for those trivial but important items like not touching hot objects.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 7:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home