Friday, February 02, 2007

Groundhog Day

Punxsutawney Phil saw no shadow today! That means there will be an early spring and that is good news! I don't understand how Phil could have seen his 'natural' shadow this morning - look how dark it looks! When you have to set up lights to see what is going on, I think that the business of seeing a shadow has been rigged..? Anyway, I am hoping good ole' Phil has it right and we get an early spring, but if my memory serves me right, it seems that when we are told the prediction of an early spring we receive several feet of snow two weeks later...

You may have caught this on the news yesterday, but I thought I would pass along some ridiculous news from Montana. I have complained about the real estate market being so high and here is the reason as it is headlined: World record $155 million home to be built in Bozeman. The 53,000 square foot house would be several thousand square feet larger than a football field and is near Big Sky ski resort. There would be no road to the house and residents would be riding a heated gondola to the house which has heated indoor/outdoor pools and all the luxuries. Well, if you want to put a mortgage on the house you will only have to pay $750,000 a MONTH, or $25,000 a day...! I can't imagine what the insurance and taxes on this house would cost... Perhaps I have been wording this incorrectly and I should be calling this a castle.


The plan for this weekend is/was to work on building a headboard but the cold temperatures are starting to get a little too cold. Low 20's for the high through the weekend and then a chance of snow early next week. Gee, I think Phil might have gotten the prediction wrong this time! Have a good weekend, and stay warm!

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home