Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Warm Wednesday

Well it's been nearly a week since I sat down and thought about blogging. Lots of things happening to keep me busy, that's for sure! My parents were here to visit until Monday morning and we had a great time. We hiked up the M Trail at the University on Friday evening. There was a nice sunset and we were able to make it back to the bottom before it was too dark to see.

Saturday we went to Glacier National Park. What a nice trip that was. We went as far as Kalispell before we stopped and had lunch at a picnic table outside Wendy's. When we were leaving we had to wait for a large group of motorcycles to pass by - we found out it was the Kyle Petty Charity Ride. Kyle Petty is a NASCAR driver and they were racing during the week so Kyle's father, Richard Petty, was representing the ride. Anyone who knows anything about NASCAR knows Richard Petty as "The King" when it comes to racing and he is one of the nicest guys. When our first picture didn't turn out, we asked him to take another and he was nice enough to take it again - all this after riding on his motorcycle all morning and on his way to get some food!

The rest of the ride through Glacier was great. We were able to do some hiking at Logan Pass and walk on snow in July. We had a lot of fun even though the flys and bees were a little thick, but we were able to see Rocky Mountain Sheep and Mountain Goats up close, plus the view wasn't too bad either.

Sunday we did some shopping and Rylan found himself a new shotgun, which he has needed for some time. I am a little jealous of how nice his shotgun is, but I am soon going to be purchasing another shotgun so Laura and I don't have to share one shotgun this season. We will be able to shoot at the same time instead of taking turns!

The family left early Monday morning and I went to work a little sad to know I wouldn't be seeing everyone again until Christmas - at least that's the next scheduled visit ruling out any unforeseen events until then. Hopefully we will be able to take some time off and spend awhile in Nebraska and Wyoming before returning to Missoula. I do have to say though, I am finding a nitch here now that I have a job and I have been playing Ultimate Frisbee - especially now that people know who I am and that I can run for a long time.

Work has been going well. We are finishing up a big project and starting major work on another. Monday we worked on building a stone walkway and Tuesday we moved boulders onto the property. Today I helped unload the semi-trailer that brought our plant order from Kalispell. I really enjoy the rock work - it's hard work and when temperatures are near 100, and I am wearing pants, it can be a little warm!

Laura and I are preparing for our pack trip which begins this weekend. We have started packing our backpacks and getting things ready to go! I will update before we leave on Friday evening for Yellowstone.

One last thing - I ordered a 7 piece harmonica set with a carrying case and I have been having a great time playing them the last few days!

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home