Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fire On The Mountain...

...run boys run! Ok, so it's not exactly a bad fire. I havn't seen/taken any pictures yet, but Mt. Jumbo (named after the elephant) caught fire last night from what is suspected to be fireworks. It has taken most of the day to get the fire under control and there is a smoke haze in the air as well. We were working near the airport today so we were able to see the tankers lift off, dumb chemicals on the fire, and then circle us to land. Hopefully I will get a picture or two taken in the next few days.

I wanted to throw in a note about a new program I found on the internet. It's called Stellarium and it is a planetarium for your computer. It works in real time from your location on Earth (once you configure your location) and it can show you the night sky as you see it! It shows you all the stars, planets, constellations, and more. It's easy to download with high speed internet (about 20 mb) and very easy to use. I am gonna put it to good use when I want to know what planets and stars I am looking at outside.

Here's a bonus picture of our trip to Glacier National Park from the weekend. It doesn't look like we are under a waterfall, but I was quite soaked after taking this picture. We had to take this picture for a geocache and we had to be under the waterfall - what we won't do for a geocache!Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home