Thursday, June 22, 2006

Welcome To Summer

Yesterday was the longest day of the year - that is if you live in the Northern Hemisphere. Here in Missoula we had over 16 hours of daylight. The sunrise was at 5:40 a.m. and sunset was at 9:35 p.m. - however there was still light at 10:30 when I went to bed. Yes, that's right - I was in bed at 10:30 last night and it might have been one of the first times I was there before Laura!

Check out our garden! Somehow the plants are actually growing in the rocky-clay soil... The potatoes are the most abundent and the pumpkins are kicking into gear and really taking off! We have some carrots that are starting and a few cucumbers are fighting hard but they might not make it.. Oh, and there is a strawberry plant in there too that I salvaged from a landscaping job. It was getting dug up and thrown out along with several dozen others, but this is the only plant I managed to save. We'll see how it goes.

Otherwise not much happening here right now. The temperature is supposed to start warming up to the 90's this weekend and a possible chance at 100 on Tuesday... I don't think that will happen but I will let you know. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home