Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's Finally Friday!

It has been another busy week here in The Garden City of Missoula, Montana. The landscaping crew began work on Tuesday at a new location. The first day we just worked on making a grade for a patio and then on Wednesday and Thursday I worked on constructing a wall. I used a concrete block which was colored a dark grey or light brown and measured 1'x8"x4". The blocks are not heavy, but they are not designed to be stacked more than about 1-2 feet. The wall I built was 4 feet tall and had to be perfectly level. I found this quite challenging considering the wall started on a concrete patio for the first ten feet and then made a 85 degree turn onto dirt. However, I did finish the wall today and it actually looks pretty good for my first time. The boss was pleased with my eye for detail and mixing the block to create a nice flow throughout the wall... I recieved a raise as well, so he has been happy with the work that has been done. I have to admit, the landscaping is a great way to spend a summer. Even though it can be hot and uncomfortable at times, there isn't much that can beat working outside and being constructive - and in the end we are improving the beauty of the area! ha ha!

Last night Laura and I stopped by a friends house to pick up a chair which she was giving away. It wasn't in very good shape. The back was falling off of it and the screws were gone. Today, after work, I summoned the aid of my handy tool kit and began operations to fix the chair. The procedure went off without a hitch and the chair seems to be making a very good recovery from the ten minutes of work I had to do. The back of the chair is now stable and it does not recline at will. On top of all that, it is rather comfortable as well. I felt the chair deserved to sit next to the Coleman grill in the living room... I took a picture of it with the new camera that Laura and I are testing out.

New camera you ask!? Well, it isn't our camera. It is a camera for Laura's mom. She had me do some research on cameras and then buy one for her. Lets just say that I am extreamly jealous that she gets to use this camera. I am happy with the one we have right now, but if I could get my hands on a camera like this then I don't think I would do anything else but take pictures. This isn't the greatest camera on the market, but the price was right and we got it for more than 30% cheaper than it retails for. I have been taking a lot of pictures with it and reading the instruction manual so I can explain everything to Laura's mom when we give it to her in a few weeks.

I will post any pictures which I feel a worthy of sharing. I have been very impressed with some of the random ones I have experimented with, so I might be posting them soon! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home