Thursday, May 11, 2006

Giant Slayers

Well, I have been meaning to update my blog twice since Monday. My excuses are as follows: Tuesday night I was just preparing to blog when I realized we needed to talk to the upstairs neighbor about the landlord coming this week. So what was going to be a 1 minute chat turned into a 30 minute session of chit chat and talking. Then Wednesday night I was too tired from Ultimate to blog...

Let me tell you about our Ultimate game. We were 2-3 going into this game. We didn't have a full roster, only 2 subs for the guys, and we played the only undefeated team in the league with a 5-0 record. Things were not looking good for us. They scored twice on us without any trouble and then we finally caught a break and got ourselves in the game. Before we knew it the score was 4-4 and when we went to halftime we were ahead 7-6. An impressive first half and we were quite happy to have the giants at our mercy. We finished the game 13-10 and closed the books for any teams to go undefeated this spring. The weird thing is that last Wednesday we lost to the only team who HAD NOT won a game and the week before that, two weeks ago, we beat another undefeated team. When we finished the game some of the specators called us the "giant slayers" and couldn't understand how we had lost three games... Sometimes we find ourselves wondering as well.

That's all I have to say right now. I will wrap it up with a picture I took this weekend while we were out geocaching... Now, geocaches are not supposed to be around railroad tracks but we happened to cross the tracks while attempting to find a cache. However, we found that the area just across the tracks was flooded and there was no way we were going to get to the cache without some waders. These tracks are hardly ever used. In the 8 months I have been here I have yet to see a train on the tracks. Missoula is such a 'progressive' community, but they waste a lot of opportunity when it comes to getting things that truely could make a difference. By this I mean that they should invest in a rail system for commuters in the valley which backs up traffic during rush hour - with a rail system there would be a relief on vehicle travel AND there would be less pollution in the valley....

...but what do I know? I'm just the guy who knows everything and knows how to fix it all. Huh, another missed opportunity for the community when they didn't hire me. ZING! ha ha!

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home