Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Storm!

Friday was another warm day here in Missoula. We had some thunderheads forming around the valley towards late afternoon and into the evening. Around 7:00 the sky got dark and I watched a storm come down the valley towards us. It brought some good gusts of wind and a small amount of rain. There was some lightning and thunder as well, but nothing that shook the house. It reminded me of a good thunderstorm in Nebraska - only the warnings issued were flood warnings for the valley. The Bitterroot River has a flood stage of 11.0 feet and the river has been flowing between 10.5 and 10.8 feet! Laura and I are hoping to get out and see the river sometime this weekend. They reported on the news that the river has never flooded before. I found that hard to believe, but all the rivers are very high this morning.

I ran outside to take some pictures after the storm before we played games with our neighbor. There was a great double rainbow that appeared to end just up the hill from us.The setting sun really made an intersting orange glow appear throughout the sky and the rain was still falling while I took pictures. I stood under the tree and snapped some pictures.And the dog had to join me for a game of fetch. She loves it when I kick the ball for her and she can run across the yard to get it. However, she cheats when she is playing because she runs out in front of the ball and then waits for me to kick it in her direction. So usually I kick it the opposite direction.I hope everyone has a good weekend. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home