Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mission Complete... Well Almost

The Adirondack chair is nearly complete. I finished putting the final boards into place after work. I can't say it is the most impressive thing I have ever built, but it is basically a test chair - just to see if I could built a stront chair that could be useful - which I think has passed the test. I lounged in it this evening while reading a little and I can't wait for Laura to get back home with the laptop computer so I can sit in the chair and work on the laptop outside. Here's a couple pictures of the nearly completed chair.The second picture is taken from a really weird angle and makes the chair looks like it is leaning forward - which it isn't - but I will be taking more pictures in the daylight... I need to finish off some edges and I would like to round the top of the headrest as well. It would be nice to have a router so I could put a nice finish on the edges, but I don't so I won't.

Otherwise I don't have much happening. Monday evening I played some pick-up games of Ultimate Frisbee for a few hours and had to quit on account of darkness so that took me right up to 9:45 and then a quick shower before heading to bed.

Work has been pretty good lately. We have been working between two large projects and that helps to keep the 'same ole thing' from happening. We have planted nearly 2,000 plants at our major project and yesterday we worked on irrigation systems at the other location. Wednesday we are going to be working at the public library and doing some landscaping and removing some old material and bring in new ground covering. It will be nice to be working in town for a change - our two major projects take us out of town. One being 10 miles and the other around 5 miles. The library is right downtown and offers some...well, lets say interesting sights and sounds to the day. Not to mention it is Wednesday and on Wednesday's downtown is "Out To Lunch" where the park just across the street - next to the river - has a couple dozen vendors set up and there is a live band playing, along with kayakers in the river and the unusual outfits and appearences of locals.

After work I will be heading to the Ultimate Frisbee games again and that will take up my Wednesday. Few events to fill the day, but it keeps me busy the entire day. Until again

-=Nolan=-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Baby! So the only reason you are excited for me to come home is so you can use the laptop on your new chair? JK Well my mom would really like you to build her one of those next, so I guess you can build those for a living this winter.

Laura

Wednesday, July 12, 2006 6:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home