Friday, September 08, 2006

Already The Weekend!?

Whoa! That was a fast week wasn't it? I think so. I was surfing the net tonight and realized it has been a few days since I last blogged. So what exciting news does Nolan have to share with me you ask? Well I hope you are sitting down because I have nothing to share. ha ha! No, there has to be something I can share... Let me put you on hold while I think - here's a picture while I contemplate. It's the full moon the other night as it came up over the mountain through the smoke filled sky.So Wednesday Laura and I went and toured a house we liked that was for sale. We definatly like the small size of the house and it needed a lot of work, which is what I am looking for to keep me busy. The house was near where I play Ultimate all the time and in the valley so running would be much easier to do as well. It is about 2 miles from the college so Laura would have an easy bike ride as well. However, the even though the housing market around the country is falling, the Northwest - Missoula included - is still sizzling. The asking price on the house is $210K and that is one of the cheaper houses we have found. Yes, that's right, over $200,000 for an 800 sq. ft. house, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, unfinished basement, single car detached garage, needing reshingled, carpeted, painted, floorboard, and misc. details... Oh yeah, no landscaping of any sort either. Did I mention this is a cheap house around here? I find it pathetic that when we see a house going for close to $200,000 we think we might have ourselves a bargin.

Thursday at work we started moving topsoil at a commercial building near downtown. It's been a little difficult to work with all the traffic and lack of space. I was driving the Bobcat around moving dirt and I drove over the curb to dump some soil, as I was backing up I backed off at an angle and dropped a front tire and back tire off the curb at the same time. That's a big no-no when driving the Bobcat. The tractor leaned back and the bucket went up in the air as I leaned forward to try to correct the balance of the machine. It came crashing back down on the curb and finally settled and I gave a big "Yee haa!" and put a hand in the air because this cowboy held on for 8 seconds! After nearly rolling the machine over I drove a little more carefully for the rest of the day. The guys got a good laugh out of it, but think I am a little crazy. I drive the machine into the big dirt pile at full speed to scoop up as much dirt as possible - today the foreman told me I looked a little too crazy. Eha, nothing new I guess.

After work this evening Laura and I took a quick nap and then I went to play some Ultimate Frisbee. The days are getting shorter here so we only get about an hour and a half of play time. I managed to play almost the entire time and managed to keep breathing even with the thick smoke in the valley.

I don't know what Laura and I are going to be doing this weekend. I think we might try to find a cache or two and then who knows from there. We bought some clearance plants at Wal-Mart last week and they need to repotted, so that will be on the to-do list.

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home