Friday, October 27, 2006

A Good Day In The Field

Wednesday night I received an e-mail from another hunter in Missoula who was going hunting on Thursday morning and asked if I wanted to go along. I wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to do some duck hunting so we met up for a nice hunt. We had not met before, other than on the internet. Turns out he also has a swan tag and we made talk of trying to fill our tags together. What a hunt that would be!

We ended up hunting until around noon and then doing some scouting around the area. We did rather well for just showing up and trying out the pond. Lots of ducks and geese were stopping by.

I have come to the conclusion, had I not been introduced to Montana via Missoula, that I might actually find myself wanting to stay here for awhile. Truth be told, I really like being far from the city and enjoying the outdoors. The mountains make for a nice background - when they are not RIGHT in my face all day. In Missoula the mountains are too close, but when I have been going to hunt, the mountains are several miles away and gives me a little room to breath. Nebraska is my first choice by far, but there are places of Montana where I can find myself far enough away from the crowds and lights.

We haven't made any plans for the weekend yet. I am hoping to go hunting at least one day, perhaps we will make an evening hunt if we feel like sleeping in.

Laura's birthday is on Sunday so I am sure we will be celebrating and doing whatever she wants to do. I did find a present for her and now I need to start thinking of Christmas presents so I can beat the holiday crowds! Now that I think about it, I need to get her present wrapped so she doesn't see it when she gets home...she can be rather snoopy when it comes to her presents. Have a great weekend. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home