Friday, October 20, 2006

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Rain, rain and a little more rain for good measure. I don't think this is record rainfall amounts like we saw back in June (3 inches in 48 hours) but the rain has been frequent here in Missoula. We didn't work on Tuesday and had a late start on Wednesday, both due to rain. Yesterday we worked through the rain in the late morning and afternoon. When the temperature is hovering around 45 it becomes difficult to keep warm after getting wet. Luckily I had an extra shirt in the truck so I was able to change a lunch and warm up again. As long as I am working I can stay relatively warm with a short sleeve shirt, but once we stop for a break it doesn't take long before I am looking for my jacket. This morning we are getting a late start again - granted that it stops raining. It's great to see the rain, but we could have used it this summer during all the fires.

Laura and I have a social event tonight. Ha ha! If that's what you want to call it I guess. A month or two ago, when we were camping in the yurt, I made a bet with the girls that I could complete the gallon challenge. What's the gallon challenge you ask? Well, it's s simple concept. Drink one gallon of milk in one hour or less. The catch is, you have to do it on an empty stomach and you can't lose it afterwards. A few people will be getting together to see the attempt made, namely the Chemistry group. At least one of them will be joining me in the attempt. I'll let you know how it goes.

Saturday, depending on how I'm feeling, we might do some duck hunting close to Missoula and then try to catch the Husker game, but it will be on the air around 10:00 a.m. and that might be about when I am ready to roll out of bed. Sunday, Laura and I are planning to hunt most of the day and just be out of Missoula for awhile. We might even try to do some geocaching on the way home, due to the rain it's been difficult to find our three caches we wanted by the weekend.

I finally finished scanning one of the photo albums my parents brought to me in July. I have been trying to scan pictures whenever I get a few free minutes or hours. The new computer has helped the scanning process a ton! It processes the pictures much quicker and I don't have to wait for the computer to recieve the information from the scanner. I can scan about two pictures a minute when I am doing everything correctly. Here's a few pictures.

I figured out why I like driving the tractor and moving dirt around so much...
Andy and I painting flowers at his house.
Harvesting the garden. Someday I'll have a good garden without rocks... Someday.
That does it for this morning. Have a wonderful weekend. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home