Monday, February 05, 2007

Turn Up The Heat!

Brr! It's cold outside. Look at the wind chill temperatures yesterday. 45 below at International Falls, MN and 36 in Las Vegas, NV!

30 in Missoula, MT. Go figure, no wind so the wind chill didn't have much of an influence on our temperatures. I spent the morning & afternoon working in the garage. The headboard is nearing completion and temperatures are estimated between 39 & 46 for today, depending on who you listen to... I suspect with the sun shining we might see 50 on the south facing side of the house, which might be nice enough to apply a finish to the headboard. I need to get a few more support brackets for the shelving and then we will be ready to stain the headboard.

That project actually went much better than anticipated. Laura did the sanding while I measured and cut all the dimensions to length. We had the frame put together by Saturday afternoon and I worked on the shelving yesterday before the Super Bowl.

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I guess it was okay. The opening kickoff return was well worth watching, and I told Laura before he even scored the touchdown that this was going to be a historical opening kickoff. As usual, I impressed her with my knowledge and she was in amazement for the rest of the day... Yeah, right..

The real reason everyone watches the Super Bowl is the commercials, and I have a few of my favorites to share now.

The auctioneer wedding was one of my favorites.


The axe bottle opener was another good one I laughed at.


Fed Ex ground had a funny one too.


Godaddy.com had a commercial I really liked but I can't seem to find any place that allows separate posting of the video so I will just say it was good - mainly because it had Kevin Rose from Diggnation & the Teutul's of Orange County Choppers. There is an extended internet edition of the commercial that adds race car driver Danica Patrick and Diggnation host Alex Albrecht into the commercial, I liked that one too.

Looking out my window, I see a fog beginning to role into the valley and I need to make tracks to town before things get crazy, so... Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home