Monday, April 02, 2007

3047 Miles Later

We've made it back in one piece. How we made it back I have no idea but we did. We traveled 3,047 miles in our 8 days on the road and I think we are both happy to be home and sleeping in our own bed again. However, I was quickly reminded why I don't like it here when some idiots passed me in a no passing zone when I was going the speed limit - not to mention we were in a residential part of town... Turns out they were only going 3 more blocks to the gas station.. Geesh.

Our first day of the trip was definitely the hardest day of driving we've had in awhile. We were on the road by 6:30 am and we pulled into Winnemucca around 11:30 pm. We covered over 700 miles the first day, but we also found 36 caches for the day and saw some new country with some great views. While we were around Stanley, Idaho we stopped and took a picture of all the snow, it was the only place on our entire trip that still had a lot of snow on the ground, and it wasn't going anywhere. In the picture, we are actually standing about 4 feet off the ground on a snow drift and the camera is on my tripod on top of the car! Otherwise, day one wasn't very eventful, it was just a lot of driving and getting down the road.

Winnemucca was a nice place to stop and stay overnight. I would go back anyway. The town wasn't too dirty and it had a good feel of history to it.

During our trip we entered 40 new counties as well. I updated our counties map, all the new counties are highlighted in green right now. We only have four more counties in Nevada to complete the state!I am still working on getting all the pictures organized from our trip and tomorrow I will be posting pictures of Bodie, the ghost town we visited. I have a bit of work to do with those yet. I also need to unpack my bags and organize the house after just unloading everything into the living room. We've got a nice organized mess! Until again

-=Nolan=-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that we arrived in Winnemucca at 11:30 pm Pacific Time and we left at 6:30 am Mountain time. :)

Monday, April 02, 2007 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home