Friday, March 09, 2007

Saving Time

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead an hour this weekend. We are 'saving' time almost three weeks earlier this year. Your computer might not set the time correctly this weekend unless you have downloaded the proper updates, but don't worry. You have several options to take care of this mini-Y2K problem. You can set the time ahead manually, in which case you will have to set it manually again in three weeks when the old daylight saving time kicks in and sets the time ahead again; OR you can just remember that your computer time isn't correct and it will set itself in three weeks as it usually does.

I am excited to see if my atomic clock sets itself correctly. Yes, the atomic clock receives a signal from Fort Collins, CO and sets itself accordingly. All I have to do is set the time zone I am in and it does the work. Neat huh!

...and I finally finished the headboard! I installed it on the bed yesterday and I think I should have waited an extra day to let the smell of the stain wear off a little more. Our house smells! Whoa - at least it has been warmer and I can open the windows to let the house air out. The headboard isn't exactly a work to admire, it looks pretty good at first glance, but don't look too close, there are a lot of things that I could have done better. For starters, I used pine and fir and most of the boards are construction grade cuts with a skill saw. There are still deep sawmill marks on the 2x10 boards, but that's not a big deal to me - I have a feeling it will get beat up when we pack and move anyway so keeping it in good condition will be a trick to begin with. Another thing is I used a cherry stain to get a red tint to the wood, but the bed is stained in a dark dark brown color so the two don't match in the slightest. Oh well, it was a good project to keep me busy and I have found that doing some small projects with wood is relaxing as well. If I could improve my woodworking skills I would build all sorts of furniture but I've got aways to go - but you only improve through practice.

Laura brought her bike down from the garage yesterday evening. She checked it over last night and rode it to the lab this morning. I don't really like her riding her bike around here. People just don't pay attention and in the past four weeks there have been four vehicle/pedestrian accidents. Just in the past 9 months I can think of about seven additional pedestrian accidents that have happened here in town and nearby areas - that seems a little ridiculous in such a 'pedestrian friendly' area.

This weekend we are going to take another trip south to Hamilton and do some more geocaching. We will pass the big 1000 this weekend! FINALLY! We will have our 1000 by the time we leave for our spring break trip - which I will be blogging about next week. Have a good weekend. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home