Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fat Tuesday

President's Day was Monday, Mardi Gras was Tuesday, today is Ash Wednesday... What is happening on Thursday? I guess that is George Washington's birthday, but what an eventful week. Could we find a few more things to cram into the last few days of the week?

Sunday we were out geocaching and had to hike a few trails to get to the caches. The trouble was the ice all over the trails and that made for a fun time trying to go up and down the mountains. Laura resorted to crawling on her hands so she could get up the slope. I was laughing and decided instead of helping her up the hill I would take a picture. What a nice guy I am to capture such a funny moment in photo so we could always remember it. I don't think Laura saw it the same way, but she will someday...I hope.

We did do some more geocaching on Monday and ended up climbing straight up a mountain for several hundred feet before reaching the cache. Needless-to-say, our legs were on fire and we had to take a break when we reached the cache. We both agreed the exercise was needed though, and a good hike to whip us back into shape doesn't hurt either.

The past few weeks we have been going out on Tuesday night to a local pub. On Tuesday night it is "Pub Quiz" and every group answers questions to win prizes. The first two rounds are usually general knowledge and the third round is a matching round where you match items to what they belong. Last week we had to match the 'boss' to who the television show they appeared on. I only knew the cartoon bosses like George Jetson's boss was Cosmo Spacely. Round four is usually theme questions and then five is identification. Usually they show an obscure picture that is hard to identify the person. Round six is the music round, they play 10 songs and you have to identify the artist. I tend to think I have a good idea who sings a lot of songs, but Missoula is big into the obscure artists and half the time I have never heard of the groups. Last night the only song I knew was a Creedence Clearwater Revival song. Round seven is difficult questions and round eight is the final round called "Last call for know-it-alls." The questions are worth twice as much but usually are not general knowledge either.

The great thing about the pub is it is smoke free so we don't have to put up with everyone around us smoking and we don't smell like cigarette smoke for days afterwards. That is probably the number one reason I will go there. Most of Missoula is becoming smoke free and I really like it, even if it is controversial.

After quiz night was over, we listened to a one-man-band play for a few minutes before heading home and watching American Idol, which I recorded. If you are an American Idol watcher then I think you might agree that the guys really didn't do very good at all last night and hopefully the girls will do better tonight... They can't do much worse. I am looking forward to watching it tonight anyway.

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home