Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mountain Dew

They say the first steps in getting over an addiction is knowing that you are addicted. Well, I'm not so sure I am addicted to Mountain Dew, but I sure like it. I don't crave it constantly, and I usually only drink it if I am watching sports or with my lunch at work. However, Tuesday night at Pub Quiz I think our waitress would claim otherwise. Laura and I showed up around 7:00 to talk and play Crazy Bee Rummy until the quiz began at 8:00. By the time the quiz started I had already put away 2 glasses and was starting my third. When I asked for another refill (their free so why not) she just brought me a pitcher of Mt. Dew! She knows how to earn a tip from me!

By the time we left around 11:00 I was much satisfied with my 8 refills! She even refilled my pitcher after I had downed it once. I have voted her the best waitress ever!

I figured if the cup was 16-20 ounces then I drank between 128 & 160 ounces of Mt. Dew - basically a twelve pack. It seemed to help me think at Pub Quiz and I knew a few answers, but maybe that is the reason I didn't fall asleep until 3:30 in the morning on Wednesday. HA HA!

Laura woke me up at 7:30 when she got up to get ready for school and I got up to listen to Talk of the Town and do my daily e-mail check and internet readings. We have been getting about an inch of snow each night and I scoop that before it warms up so the driveway and sidewalks are clear for the rest of the day. I am just on my way out to scoop this morning as well.

I ran on Monday and Tuesday, but skipped Wednesday with the snow. I just don't like the way people drive around here, and even in the residential areas there is enough evidence of bad drivers - holes in fences - and I am hesitant to go run with the slick roads. Just this past weekend a driver hit a pedestrian and drove with him on the hood for a full block before stopping and throwing the pedestrian from the hood - the driver then drove away! I can go on and on about the stories we have seen on the news in the past year and a half. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Well, that snow is calling me and I am ready to get outside for awhile. Have a great day! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home