Monday, February 26, 2007

...And The Oscar Goes To...

The Oscar award goes to anyone who actually sat and watched the entire academy awards last night. Sweet mercy, could they make that show any longer? I think it was around 6 when coverage started, and when I checked at 10:30 they were still going. If that isn't the most ridiculous awards show on Earth then I don't know what is. A bunch people who are in the spotlight daily are taking up my Sunday evening by awarding themselves for being so talented and wonderful. Maybe instead of spending all that money on the awards show, they could just save everyone and donate the money to charities who actually need it...

If you couldn't tell, I am a little sick of award shows on television. What was on television this weekend to watch? Well NASCAR is always a good option, and The Simpson's had a good show last night to fight the Academy Awards ratings. I couldn't find anything else to watch so I went to PBS and watched a show about the Andes of South America. Yup, that's how much I didn't want to watch the Academy Awards.

Over the weekend we found 13 geocaches, and every cache that we really looked for we found. We drove south of Missoula into the Bitterroot Valley and cached around Hamilton, MT. As usual, it was nice to get out of town for the day. We actually just spent the afternoon geocaching but that was enough time to see some new things and make a nice day trip. We had a geocache at a small pond that was loaded with ducks. It is a private pond that allows the public to come feed the ducks and those ducks like being fed! While we were at the pond I searched for some ducks with bands on their feet, just out of habit. I didn't spot any when I was there, but after I looked at my pictures I found several ducks with bands on their feet. It would be nice to have a better camera to take some better photos of wildlife, but as it is now I am content with what we have. At least we can take pictures and the digital camera is basically unlimited free pictures so over all it isn't that bad.

One of our geocaches in Hamilton was really funny and cleverly disguised. Not to many people would bend down to closely examine this type of geocache! Do you see it? If you look close enough you can see the canister underneath. We had seen this geocache before when we were at a geocaching party and knew what we would be looking for, but for the few people who do not know what they are looking for they usually a little hesitant to grab hold and check things out! ha ha! In case you were wondering, no it's not real, it is a gag item that is attached to a small tin canister. This is probably one of my favorite camouflage methods ever!

Sunday we did a few caches around town and found three of them. One we had been searching for well over a year to find it and yesterday we found it! Needless to say, we were pretty excited to have found it and now we are only 12 caches away from that big 1000. We are hoping to find them before we leave on our trip next month, otherwise we will find what we need on our trip. Profile for XC_Tracker
Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home