Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday Evening Post

Lately I have been blogging in the morning, but today it's an evening blog. Laura needed to do some work at the school this evening so she took the morning off and spent it with me doing some grocery shopping. We made a trip to Costco and stocked up on snacks for our trip next week, mostly consisting of a 6 pound bag of gummy bears and a 12 pack of gram crackers. We did get the usual 4 gallons of milk, which had been $1.92 but now are $2.18 - still beats Wal-Mart but geez, a quarter more a gallon is a quick hike.

Along with gas taking a quick hike, gas has gone up a quarter in the past few weeks as well. Just what we need before hitting the road. Day three will be our shortest day of the trip - well, second shortest actually, but we will actually be on the road on day three. We will travel from Tracy, California into San Francisco, about 100 miles since we will be driving around the south end of the bay. The rest of the day will be doing whatever we feel like doing, maybe making a trip downtown to Chinatown or something.

Yesterday I cooked up some duck chili. I ground up the duck meat in the meat grinder and then browned it before adding it to the crock pot of chili. I used six breasts and that seems to be about right for the butter bowl sized chili bowl. I did find a surprise in my browned duck though, a #4 steel shot. Not something you want to bite into, more than likely your tooth will lose that battle.

The spring temperatures are warming things up around here and the flowers are starting to show up. Soon we will be seeing flowers all over the place and hopefully no one will be cutting our flowers this year - just let them grow where they are, not in a vase. Yes, I am a little bitter about an event from last spring which involved the cutting of some very lovely flowers, and that is all I will say, I will say no more. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home