Sunday, February 08, 2009

111111.1

The trusty Garmin eTrex has reached a milestone - 111,111.1 miles since I first started using it over 4 years ago. I take the thing with me everywhere I go. I pulled over on my way to work Thursday to take the picture of the GPS - yeah, I even use it everyday I drive to work. Heck, I even plug it in while I drive around at work and log the miles I travel. Most of the time I am just interested in logging the miles I travel each month - last year in April I had a 5,000 mile month! Take into consideration that I did go to Missoula and move back that month, so that was a quick 2,500 miles. Although, last summer I did have a few months over 3,000 miles and one that was even close to 4,000!

Maybe you noticed the new picture that tops off the blog. I decided as nice as the Bitterroot Mountains were, they just didn't represent our current situation - plus a little change is good now and then. I took the picture of the geese last month while we were geocaching in Grand Island, Nebraska. Speaking of geocaching, Emryk has gone out on a few geocache finds with us - he and Laura found one just the other day while I was taking pictures. Ok, maybe he didn't find it, but he sure wanted to play on the log that we were searching around!

The recent warm weather has really been teasing us that spring will be here quickly, although I suspect we might be in for one last snowfall this winter - at least I hope so. If it doesn't snow here I would like to make it out to Wyoming and do some snowshoeing in the mountains for a day with Laura. I don't know that we could make it a full day right now, be both feel like we are a little out of shape, so maybe just half a day would do! Here's hoping for just a little more winter!

Until again

-=Nolan=-

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

just stumbled upon your blog and thought id let you know about my fun gadget that i cant get enough of...seems like it might be right up your alley.
check it out.
www.mileagelogger.com

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home