Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My new boat

Here is my most recent purchase for the hunting world. This is my new duck boat! WOOT WOOT! It is 11 feet long and seats two. There are movable seats in it, and the guy even sold it to me with a paddle. It drafts in less than 6 inches of water. This was a custom boat he had made from Louisiana, but he was moving to Reno, NV and couldn't take it with him. So guess who said could take it off his hands!? ME! I think I can put this to good use.

I think Laura and I should be able to sit comfortably in it. The guy I bought it from said he and his buddy could sit in it easy and the dog would sit in the middle. I will have to get some camo covering for the top of the boat, just for a cover up. The bottom is concave, so it sits flat on the water and is nearly impossible to flip over. He also said he would sometimes stand in the boat to shoot ducks and geese. I don't know what Laura things of this great new toy, but I know I am excited to get out on the water and begin using it. Oh yeah, it is a fiberglass boat and it weighs just a little over 100 pounds. I think a rope on the front of the boat would make it easy to tow along when not in the water, especially if there is snow on the groud --oh look there is snow on the ground! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home