Thursday, February 09, 2006

Follow The eTrex

Laura and I did some geocaching yesterday afternoon. The weather wasn't nearly as nice as the day before, but seldom does the weather stop us from geocaching. We found two caches which were rather close to our house but they were located in a tricky area to get to. We had a lot of fun being out and geocaching together, one of the best things about geocaching is we get to find new areas of town which we wouldn't normally go to.

The GPS we use is the Garmin eTrex. It is about as simple as personal GPS devices go. Most people choose not to use this particular GPS - basically because it has no map built in for navigation. However, as far as base maps go, I wouldn't use them anyway - for the most part I reference the atlas every time we are traveling.

Perhaps I will tell everyone about our atlas tomorrow. My power supply is on its way back to Missoula from Walnut, California. I sent the power supply back last Thursday, and yesterday the company e-mailed me and informed me of the shipping number and that the package had been sent. I have been very impressed with the communication the company has kept with me and I would definatly do business with them again. I just may when I build my new computer within the next few years. Until again

-=Nolan=-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Etrex are what I have my student use! Also, they loved hearing the story about you two crazy kids and your geocaching adventures.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home