Thursday, January 26, 2006

Mapping The Way

As most of you already know, Laura and I like to travel. She likes traveling by plane most of the time. However, I like staying on the ground and seeing the sites! It's not because I don't like to fly, although I have never flown in a commercial airplane before, I would rather stay on the ground and see things along the way. Besides, half the fun is getting there! So, with that in mind, I have created a fun map to show where Laura and I have been. This map shows the counties we have been in. This only starts when we started dating, not before. We traveled together on track and cross country trips before we dated, but those don't out. I actually thought there would be a little more space filled up, but I guess this really only is showing a year and a half of traveling - since the middle of June in 2004. By clicking on the picture you can get a better image than the little one shown.NOW, if I could figure out all the places I have been with my family, this baby would be QUITE full. Since we have been all over the contiguous United States (the lower 48) this map would have a lot of counties that were no white. That's right, we have traveled the United States and never have flown once. Not to mention we went to Canada a total of four times, including New Brunswick - that's a hellofadrive (long drive) from Nebraska. So we have touched ever Canadian province which boarders the U.S.... Don't forget Baja California once and then to every corner of the United States at least once. Plus, we took three family vacations to Vegas, and those were considered short by our standards... Perhaps I can retrace some of those routes and put together a good map to show where we have been. I can't even imagine it right now! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home