Friday, January 20, 2006

To Pluto!

HOLY SMOKES! If you missed the launch of New Horizons yesterday then you can catch some of the news >>HERE<<.. This is some text taken from the site:

Thirty-five years ago, Apollo astronauts took 3 days to reach the moon. Yesterday, New Horizons did it in 9 hours, becoming the fastest spacecraft ever launched from Earth. New Horizons needs all the speed it can get: destination Pluto is six billion miles away. After zipping past the moon's orbit, New Horizons heads for Jupiter, a 13 month trip. The spacecraft will slingshot around the giant planet, boosting its speed even more, from 36,000 mph to 47,000 mph. All that speed, and it will still take New Horizons 9 years to reach Pluto.

All I can say is WOW - going to the moon in 9 hours!? Most people sleep 7-8 hours a night - think of how FAST that thing is going!

Not much news around here today. Laura and I played some Monopoly two nights ago and I made short work of her, I got pretty lucky and picked up some properties and built houses and hotels real quick so make it a short game.. Last night I played some Playstation - the original. I played some Cool Boarders 3. It's a snow boarding game that I used to play at my friends house all the time, I was never very good at it, but last night I beat three levels within an hour - I have never even beat a level before! Hurray!

As far as future plans, we are thinking of going on a Geocache drive tomorrow. We hope to find at least two caches to take us to 500! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home