Friday, December 23, 2005

The Banded Duck

This is our last day in Cheyenne. The wind is on the move again and trying to move us along as well! After being is Missoula for 4 months and having very little wind, this is almost a nice change of pace. No stagnate air and the clouds clear out quickly as well, not to mention that the sun shines at least for a few minutes everyday. The picture is one I pulled off the internet, but a close match to what you can find around Cheyenne and into Nebraska. How beautiful!

Last night my phone rang and my brother had recieved my duck band information. The duck was banded in Cassils, Alberta in August 2005. It hatched in 2004 or earlier. That is only about 300 miles Northeast of where I harvested the duck at.

I always like hearing about the band results and seeing where ducks go. Too bad the duck was just banded this year, if it would have been banded last year or earlier it might have been an interesting migration route to where it ended up. Oh well, the duck will make some delicious eatting. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home