Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Cold Has Arrived

High noon and the temperature outside is a cool 47 degress. Yeah, that's right not even 50 outside. The high today is 55 but I don't think we will get there. I only managed to work 2 hours this morning - all in the rain. We did some maintenance on a downtown park area and then decided not to go do the electrical work of installing landscape lighting during the rain. So home I came to do some on-line shopping for my computer parts. I had a great computer all picked out and decided I would wait until today to buy it - jumped on the internet to order it and they are out of stock and won't be selling any more. AH! So back to square one for me. I've spent most of the morning looking and deciding what to do now. I arrived home in time to catch the last half hour of "Talk of the Town" out of Kearney, Nebraska and get a few moments of news from the area. Then I turned on the tv and watched Live with Regis and Kelly before ending my morning with back to back episodes of The Cosby Show.

With the cooler temperatures approaching it looks like the garden will be finished for the season. Laura and I picked 2 strawberries from the strawberry plant I saved from a landscaping project this spring. It was great to have some strawberries straight from the garden, even if it was only a small one. There are a few more strawberries coming along and we have a few carrots and potatoes we will be picking and making a stew or crockpot meal out of. We have 3 orange pumpkins as well and a few more that are green right now. You can see the wonderful strawberries sitting on the arm of my Adirondack chair.

It is snowing in areas of Montana already today. We might get a snow flake or two falling from the sky over the next week, the lows at night are in the lower 30's and the high for the next 10 days is in the lower 60's as well. Laura and I are planning on going to a cabin with some of friends. It won't be a very warm trip, and it will probably be a wet weekend as well, but we will make the most of it and have fun.

Not too much more to report from the Montana front. Just getting by day to day right now - need to get a new computer to make things even better though. ha ha! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home