Saturday, November 25, 2006

Black Friday

If you couldn't guess, things have been busy busy busy. I decided to spend a few minutes and update my blog while I await the USC vs. Notre Dame football game.

First things first... Tuesday at work we finished with the roof and we started cleaning up the building. Wednesday we pulled nails the entire day and finished cleaning the inside of the building. We have about three wheel barrels full of nails already.

Thanksgiving was nice. We made a turkey and had a few friends over. We put the turkey in the roaster and went for a run. We ran about three miles and then picked up a newspaper on our way home so we could look at all the local ads. The paper weighed four pounds!

Friday morning my alarm went off at 2:55 a.m. and I headed out the door for the shopping specials. I headed for Best Buy first, but when I arrived at 3:20 the line was already around the building and down the block, so I decided to skip out on that. I ended up in the Staples line around 4:00 a.m. and had chatted with the folks also standing in line. On guy said he had been there since nine o'clock the day before and the people had started camping out in front of Best Buy around 7:00 the day before... He had been waiting in the Best Buy line with his friends and then came to the Staples line when it started to grow. Around 5:00 it started snowing and by 6:00 when the doors opened we were covered in snow and wet... I managed to get out of Staples by 6:40 and I went to Shopko to buy our NEW 27" television!!! It is quite an upgrade from our 13" tv and we are really enjoying it! After I loaded up the tv I brought it back home and picked up Laura to go shopping for the rest of the morning. We spent a lot of money, but we also saved a lot of money as well. We did some calculations and figured that we spent about 50% of the total value of everything we bought. We hooked up the new tv and we were able to watch the Colorado vs. Nebraska football game on the 'big screen'!!!

This morning we hit up a few more sales. We awoke to a fresh 6 inches of snow as well. You can see from the pictures that there wasn't any wind and the snow just piled up on the fence posts.
This afternoon we cleaned the house and found a place for all of the great buys we made yesterday. We have had the tv showing all the football games today and I am looking forward to watching the USC vs. Notre Dame game this evening. My corn dogs are just about done, so I will be cutting the blog short this evening. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home