Tuesday, June 09, 2009

5K'ing

5 King? No, not 5 kings, I mean 5K - you know? 5,000? 5,000 meters to be exact, or better yet, 5 Kilometers. Understand? No? How about 3.11 miles - does that work for you? If not then I guess you are doomed with distance.

Saturday Laura and I had a 5k road race here in town. We did better than we expected, but still a far cry from our best times. The good news for me is that I am still faster now than when I was my sophomore & junior years in high school, so I know I can still improve. On top of that, I have lost about 12 pounds and started running in a new pair of shoes and I am feeling much much better. The past few days of running with Emryk (pushing the jogging stroller) have been really good and I can feel my base mileage starting to really establish itself. In fact, on Saturday we did a mile warm up, a 3 mile race, and then I did a 4 mile cool down, so in total I had an 8 mile morning. It's been a long time since I ran 8 miles - in fact, it was the half marathon in Spokane, Washington in October 2007 - a race I desperately try to forget about!

We've got a few more chances to run a 5K this summer to try to improve our times, I'll let you know how those go...

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home