Thursday, April 06, 2006

And Now With The Weather....

Take a look at the national radar at 7:11 EST.In Missoula it started raining last night before 9:00 and it is still raining here around 5:30 pm. We broke a record for rainfall at over 1.75 inches so far. It has been raining for the last three days as well, so we are getting more than enough rain. I love watching the local news and the weather man/woman who has no clue what is going on but read the prompter and just blabber away. They have no clue what is actually happening with the weather... I'm no meteorological expert but I atleast know how to read a weather map.

I got out for a run this morning. It was only about 35-38 degrees so I was a little cold after I got soaked from the rain...but I do enjoy a good run in the rain even if it's a little cold. It was snowing a few hundred feet above me on the moutains and I had a few snowflakes hit me in the face as I passed by them.

Staying on the weather theme, the hurricane season is still alittle time off, but fast approaching. Predictions are that the hurricane season will be even more active than last year and we all know that we had quite a time with the hurricanes last year. Which by the way several hurricane names have been retired because of their destruction. Obviously Katrina is one of them, along with Rita & Dennis plus several others. Yesterday while listening to the radio the DJ was explaining how they have already named all the hurricanes for this year... It was all I could do not yell at the radio because the hurricane names are listed several years before the season even arrives. Here are the names for the Atlantic 2006 season.

Alberto
Beryl
Chris
Debby
Ernesto
Florence
Gordon
Helene
Isaac
Joyce
Kirk
Leslie
Michael
Nadine
Oscar
Patty
Rafael
Sandy
Tony
Valerie
William

The only change on the list is that Kirk has been replaced by Keith because Kirk is a retired name. It should be another interesting year for storms. Only time will tell though. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home