Thursday, March 23, 2006

Keeping Busy

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because I managed to keep myself busy for most of the day. After listening to my morning talk radio out of Kearney, Nebraska I went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. I decided it was time to change the oil in the car so I got started on that. I don't really enjoy changing the oil in the Subaru though. There is a protective plate that covers the bottom of the car and I had to remove that to get to the drain and filter...the real difficult part was getting under the car. I don't have any ramps to put the car up on so I have to crawl under the car as it is just parked in the driveway. The great thing about my truck is that it sits a little higher off the ground so it is easy to crawl under, but the Subaru has about 14 inches of ground clearance. I will be happy to have my truck back so I can change the oil in it as well.

After changing the oil and checking out the car I was a bit of a mess so I came inside and got cleaned up and grabbed some lunch. While I was eatting I was looking through jobs around Missoula and found two computer tech jobs which I applied for. Hopefully I hear something from them soon.

When Laura got home she brought news that there is an Ultimate Frisbee League in Missoula. A guy in Laura's lab plays in the league and Laura told him that I like to play so he told her where I could sign up. It's a little different than I am used to, but there are teams and then there are people like me who don't have a team but want to play also...so they hold a draft. So I am going to be drafted to play on an Ultimate Frisbee Team. The Missoula organization is part of the Ultimate Players Association so I should have a lot of fun. If you want to learn more about it you can go to the Ultimate Players Association webpage and read more.

To finish the blog off for today I am going to share a picture. NOW, you might have seen this picture but keep in mind that it is FAKE! I read about it today at Spaceweather.com. Here's the information they posted: Have you seen this picture? Lots of people are finding it in their email boxes, purporting to be the sun and moon seen from the North Pole. Don't believe it. In the fake photo, the moon appears fantastically larger than the sun. Fact: the angular diameter of the moon never exceeds the diameter of the sun by more than 6%. This is true even at the North Pole.

That does it for today. Until again

-=Nolan=-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the picture even if it is fake. By the way you forgot to mention the soccer game since that also contributed to your busy day. You're e-mail is not working again so I thought I would also let you know that I am coming home on the bus at 2.
Laura

Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home