Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Radio Free Colorado Goes Bye-Bye

Say it ain't so!? Has Radio Free Colorado died a silent death? This was a good internet station to listen to and now I a forced to listen to a lot of junk. Well super. I guess I will be removing the link from my page. I hope this is just a bad dream...

Well the truck has been put on the back burner until I can figure out what I want to do about fixing it. I will probably end up taking it to a repair shop if I determine the problem to be more than I can handle. I am starting to get into areas which require information obtained through computers and none of my computers do that. New vehicles are nice because they are much better designed, but the computers in them really can cause a problem for DIY (Do It Yourself) people such as I.

This morning I did some computer networking and found out how to connect multiple network switches. I have a rounter for my computers, but I also had a workgroup switch to figure out how to use. So I had wires strung out everywhere and computers running for most of the morning as I taught myself how to network larger areas. I also relearned how to use crossover cable. Something I learned in highschool in CISCO networking, but it has been over five years since I have even looked at the stuff. You can see my computer here with the router and switch located on the right had side. The internet comes into the modem (not pictured) then goes to the router. From the router it usually goes out to the other computers but I rewired everything so the router then sent the signal to the switch to send internet to the other computers. I think I finally got it figured out and I can give the switch back to my dad for him to use. I had borrowed it at Christmas to bring back to Montana and use, basically to see if I could figure out exactly how it worked. I still don't have a clear idea but perhaps I can atleast understand it now.

Laura and I have an afternoon planned to go out on the town and find some bargins so we should have a good afternoon and evening ahead of ourselves. I will update you on our deals tomororw. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home