Thursday, March 02, 2006

A Nice Slow Day

We have had a beautiful day here. It was near 50 today and sunny. Something we were not anticipating on seeing for awhile longer. Today I have spent most of my day attempting to fix my truck so I have very little news to share from Montana. I have continued to narrow down the problems that could be causing the truck to not start, and now I am starting to get into areas of the ignition system that I don't happen to know much about.

So I am gonna get right to the pictures today.

There is a lot of pvc pipe to lay before you even pour the floor of the basement. We had to dig a lot of dirt to get everything where we wanted it. The hardest part was digging the dirt out from under the footings. I have to say though, there is something about digging holes with a shovel that is very satisfying. Maybe it is just me, you know I have such a fasination with moving dirt - but something about digging the soil and creating something new is very relaxing and fulfilling. Plus a little work always makes a person happy when the results are what they want.

Here is another good picture of the garage. Look at how much dirt we had to move into the garage just to get it to the level we wanted. Note that the blocks on the left side of the garage are three blocks high from the the footings.

The last photo of the day shows the beginning of the pouring of the basement. You can see we had all the pipe layed under the ground and the sand on top of it. We poured the basement in five different segments just so it would be a little easier to handle and work with.

That's all I have for today. I've been a little busy with the pickup and trying to learn everything about it that I can so my brain is a little overloaded with information. Sorry if things seem scattered and I am randomly jumping around, but think how my head is dealing with this!
Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home