Friday, February 24, 2006

...And Now...The Amazing Nolan!

First things first. Check out the amazing trick I have preformed using an apple juice jug. This is simply amazing is it not? I assure you ladies and gentlemen, there were no camera tricks used. Please hold your applause until the blog is complete.

Back to reality now... After having some trouble with our camera, I finally managed to pull the images off of the memory card and get them on the computer. I am not sure what the trouble was with the camera, but it sure didn't want to cooperate with me. So I am finally getting around to posting a few pictures which I have taken recently.

Here's a photo I took during the last full moon. It is from inside our apartment and looking across the street though the trees in our neighbors backyard. I am still trying to understand exactly how to use the camera to get the best dusk/night shots possible so practice is the best way to learn.

And I can't forget the cake I made for Valentines day. Here we see a chocolate fudge cake, covered in chocolate frosting and white frosting heart. I would say this was the worst cake I have made in my amature baking career. It's not that the cake wasn't good, it was because I tried to finish all the white frosting off and in doing so I made a very thick layer of frosting. I layerd the chocolate frosting on and then returned with the white frosting. This resulted in over an inch of frosting on top of the cake. Laura decided she would eat around the heart and I was left to finish it off myself. Oh well, I will know better next time.

Last night we recieved close to an inch of snow yet again. It began as a rain and turned to snow, so the roads were quite dangerous last night but we had nowhere to go so we stayed inside and watched American Idol. I don't know what my fasination has been with American Idol this year, I usually don't care for such shows, but maybe this just proves my boredom lately.

Finally, I must show my support for my alma mater, The University of Nebraska at Kearney Lopers are at the Rocky Mountain Athletic Confernece championships today and tomorrow for indoor track. After being through four indoor track events I am fully aware of what happens and how difficult they can be. Regardless of the outcome they are always a lot of fun and you get to see some great competition. Go Lopers!That's all for today. Hopefully Laura and I can find something exciting to do this weekend so I will have something more interesting to talk about come Monday. Have a great weekend! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home