Tuesday, February 28, 2006

What Will Happen Next?

Warning: This post may be capable of putting you to sleep! Read with caution.

Wow, the last day of February already huh? Hard to believe it, but I guess time continues to march forward. I appologize for starting my blog with sad news, but I think it's better to get it out of the way and finish on a positive note. Friday night Laura and I were going to town, and we went to get in my pick-up and when I tried to start it up....it wouldn't start. Well POO! So Saturday was spent looking at the truck and trying to determine the problem. Sunday rolled around and we watched the NASCAR race, then afterwards went to the garage and the truck started right up. We took a ride around town for nearly a hour and arrived home without any trouble. Yesterday the truck wouldn't start and today is the same story. To top off the weekend, I got a call Saturday from Home Depot. They decided to go with another applicant for the lot attendant position. I don't know what qualifications they were seeking, but evidently a college degree wasn't good enough! Laura thought perhaps someone who had graduate school experience was choosen... Ha ha - that is very likely around here.

Oh well, life goes on and I keep looking for something more desirable.

On with more cheerful things now. Sad as it may be, the highlight of our day thus far was the street cleaner rolling past this morning to clean our curb! HURRAY! All those leaves and junk that has been in the street since the fall are finally...well...pushed around and kind of cleaned up. In actuallity the street sweeper didn't clean much at all. At least it's a new look for the street.

As you can see, excitement never finds a dull moment for me! How about I find a picture and wrap this thing up before the wall come crashing in with the roof...

I am continuing to scan the pictures from the house, and I am up around 225 pictures now. Here is a picture looking west by northwest from the back corner of the house. Dad and Lana are working on the wall next to the garage while Rylan and I put down the blocks in the garage foundation. These blocks are under the pavement and are not even visable, I think that's why dad let me and Rylan do the work on that part. If you look to the top center and left of the photo you can see our old neighborhood and if you know what to look for you can see our old house as well.

I will post more pictures this week of the basement being finished and next week the start of the wood framing! That's all for today. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home