Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ready?! MARCH!

Welcome to March everyone. Are we sure it's March though? Look at these temperatures from yesterday in FEBRUARY!For this time of year that is mighty warm, but then again that is mighty nice too. We were only forcasted to reach the low 50's yesterday, but you can see the 60 is right on top of us. 60's here isn't like 60 degress in Nebraska though. I still had to have a coat - the humidity isn't nearly the same. At 90 degrees here I can have jeans and a t-shirt and be comfortable. In Nebraska if the temperature hits 85 and you have jeans on then you are going to find yourself quite warm in no time!

I am slowly narrowing down my troubles with the truck. The trouble now is I am going to be putting a lot of work into it because I have to get to the spark plugs, and those will take quite a lot of work to get to. I plan on spending most of the daylight today being outside and working on whatever I can get done. As you can imagine, that makes any news for the blog rather slow...

Laura is enjoying her lab work. She had some great results yesterday from her work, and was excited to tell me about what she had found. As usual I just nod to act as though I understand what she is telling me, but very seldom do I have a clue what she is talking about...

As promised, here are some more photo's from the basement work. The first one is a good comparison to yesterdays picture. You can see the walls are up and the block around the garage is nearly finished.

Skipping forward a few weeks, we had nearly all the walls in the basement up and complete. We had filled the cores and we were were preparing for piping. We wanted to pack down the dirt in the basement - all the rain had really causes a lot of dirt to loosen up and mud spots to form. I took my car into the basement and drove it back and forth for about 30 minutes to pack everything down. I also took it down into the basement just to say that I had drove around in the basement. What a good time that is. To top it off, the car got stuck in a mud hole that was about a foot deep! YIKES! I managed to push in out and keep driving around for awhile though....but how many of you can say that you got your car stuck in your basement when you were driving around?? Exactly - or as I might say "A-zack-aly!"

Tune in tomorrow to see the pipes being installed and some of the floor being poured by none other than my family... So far the only thing we havn't done with the house is dig the hole - that would have been quite a good time though, I wish we would have done that because I really like driving the tractor around and moving dirt... Laura can verify that too - one time in Hays, KS we were there for a track meet, but I sat over by a construction site and watched the tractor move dirt for awhile. I think that might be my calling - but there really isn't much soil or dirt here in the mountains - a lot of rocks and such - makes for slow dirt moving techniques. Have a great day! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home