Monday, March 06, 2006

Wrong Answer

DOH! Well, after getting the ignition coil and installing it the truck has denied me the satisfaction of starting. I guess that was a way to narrow down the trouble but I sure would have liked to see it start. Some more tests this afternoon should help out, but they get frustrating when I can't figure anything out. I am getting a good lesson on vehicles though, so that has been a positive to all this.

Yesterday Laura and I took a drive to East Missoula to see a friend and on our way back we took the road around Mount Sentinal. It was a lot of fun to see the road covered in snow and have no other cars around. We did pass a few vehicles, but the road is about 1.5 lanes wide and reminds me of a narrow mountain road. Laura snapped a few pictures as we ventured up the mountain. The road is actually shown as a highway to East Missoula, but trust me, you won't be seeing highway speeds and there are no guardrails along the side - therefore it's a long fall over the edge. I thought we might see some wildlife with the snow covering everything, but the most wildlife I saw was the local cross-country ski junkies who were hitting the trails on a sunny afternoon. We both had a good time on the drive. I think we both wanted a little escape from the concrete jungle we have been staring at since we arrive back in Missoula after the new year. We both were looking forward to some hiking, running and geocaching this weekend, but the snowfall on Friday night and Saturday morning really put a stop on those plans. I am not sure the total snowfall we recieved, but we had very wet and heavy snow and it was nearly 6 inches deep.

I think the pictures Laura took are very nice. The road here is usually just dirt, but we had snow on the road and it made for a neat look. The sun was warming the trees and the snow was falling from the trees during our entire drive. It is about 10-11 miles to drive around the mountain, but we always enjoy the drive and it is a quick escape from the hustle and noise of the city.

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home