Friday, March 03, 2006

A New Look

Well, it's not excatly a new look. In fact, there isn't much of a difference at all. I have changed the weather information on the right sidebar. You now see a car driving down the road - this is in hopes that my truck will soon be running again. I also added an icon which shows the sunrise/sunset, moonrise/moonset, and the phase of the moon. You can see the phase of the moon on the left side of the icon. Today it is waxing cresent - or in otherwords the moon isn't to half moon yet, it is the shape of a cresent and waxing means that the moon is moving towards being full. That's rather simple terms, but easy enough to understand I think.

As far as the truck goes, I think I have discovered the root of my trouble. It's this guy right here! This is the ignition coil and after doing a ohm test on it yesterday it showed that the resistance was too low and that I had an open circuit. My next step is to find a parts dealer that won't cost my small forture I have left in the bank account. Like I said though, I THINK this is my trouble, I am not 100% positive, but here's hoping. If it's not I guess I will be in the garage figuring out what the next issue could be.

Other than working on some job applications I have been working on the truck or looking for jobs. Therefore my blog has really become somewhat of a newsletter instead of a blog. However, hopefully things will be picking up again once the truck is fixed and I will have some more interesting things to talk about.

As promised, here is the remainder of the pictures of basement being finished. The first one is of Rylan, Grandpa Denny, and I. Dad and Grandpa Paul are on the right side pouring another load into the wheel barrel. We had to cart the cement across the basement because the truck couldn't get around to the back of the house due to the amount of space and mud from the rain the night before. So here we are trying to work the cement back toward the truck. You can click on the picture to see it larger.

And our favorite part of pouring cement is always running the board across it to smooth it out. Rylan and I work on the cement to get it consistent all the way across. After seeing this picture, I remember now that we did six pours instead of five like I said yesterday.


Once we had finished the floor we were able to finish the final part of the basement wall and put in the window that we would soon be using as our primary enterance into the house until we were able to get the first floor platform built. It was great to have the basement done and be able to get to work with the framing work. You can see from the next picture that dad was happy to have a break and look at the progress we had completed over the past few months. I think we were all happy to see the block walls completed and get started on framing up the house so it would actually look like something more than a big hole in the ground. Even though the block laying was a lot of fun, I can't wait to show off some more pictures of the framing of the house and all the great times we had with that. If things are slow next week then you can guarentee to see some more photos of the first wall we built and the basement being put together.

That's all I have for today. Laura and I hope to do some geocaching this weekend. We havn't been out to geocache in a few weeks and I think we are both looking forward to some nice weather and geocaching to get us out on the trials and parks. Have a great weekend.

Until again


-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home