Thursday, March 09, 2006

World On Fire

My friend Nick sent a link to me yesterday to the Sarah McLaclan - World On Fire site. If you havn't seen it you are doing yourself an injustice. It's a very powerful video and I am glad to have watched it. Nick has updated his website as well and you go can get to it from my links section. He did a very nice job putting a website together and I am excited to see it develope further.

Yesterday I mentioned Laura and I were going to do some shopping. We went to the local mall and browsed and looked at all sorts of items from clothing to plasma televisions. Maybe some of the browsing was just for fun, but I like to know something about everything (even if I am never going to buy some of the stuff)... We ended up at Gart Sports and bought some soccer shin guards that were on clearence. We are joining an intermural soccer team at the college so we needed some. We are also hoping that our ultimate frisbee team made it into the league for the season so we can participate in that also.


Other than that exciting information there is little news to share so lets get to the photos already! I am skipping ahead a little and putting the first floor on instead of showing every wall being put together. You can see the beams are being measured to see where they need to go and we had the entire family over to the 'new house' for a picnic and help get everything started. On the final photo you can see dad's acrobatic abilities. When we put the beams on the walls we had to have someone walk along the 2x4 and set them out on the end. If you can imaging walking about 30 feet along a 4 inch wide board and being about 10 feet high from the basement floor and then carry a 100 pound beam and place it on the wall. Then you have to get back without falling... Now that is what I call a good time. Dad and I usually walked the walls and we never fell, so thankfully there was little injury involved.

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home