Monday, April 03, 2006

April Showers

We havn't seen any rain today, but it is predicted to arrive. However, I don't think it will. Seems the local weather stations have as good of chance telling me where lightning will strike before they get the weather correct. Oh well, I have taken meteorology classes and I understand how weather works so I will cut them a break... Another thing for everyone to know is that you don't say Daylight-Savings Time it is Daylight Saving Time (NO S on Saving). I am watching the local news on Saturday, the 6 & 10 o'clock editions and both times the anchor said 'savings' and it was even shown on the monitor that way. UHG! I know there are more pressing issues in the world, but please please don't say 'savings' it make you sound like a six year old, except it's not cute any longer! That's my rant for the day.

If you take a liking to the arts, particularly painting, then you better take a look at "A Painting A Day...Miniature Masterpieces" by Darren Maurer. I know Darren very informally through internet converstaion and because he does such awesome work I wanted everyone to see it. He's an artist out of Sioux City, Iowa and you may have seen his work before. He has been featured on the Iowa Duck Stamp several times - 2001 & 2002 and will soon be displaying his work on the 2007 Iowa Stamp as well. If you would like to see those paintings then you can go >>HERE<<. He is currently working on doing a painting everyday for a month so make sure you check back to the first link daily to see the newest masterpiece. Here is a sneak preview of some of the great work he does with oil paint. I am going to add a link under my "Links" section so you can get to the page from mine as well.

As far as news goes around here things have been slow since we arrived home from our spring break trip. It's hard to believe that another year of school is almost over for Laura. With the jobs hard to come by around here, I have started looking into starting my own business of repairing and maintaining computers. I believe I have submitted well over two dozen applications to various business' around town and only Home Depot has given me an interview - but evidently my Bachelors Degree doesn't quite qualify me. So it's time to take matters into my own hands....the problem is I am not sure where to get started.? I will try to keep everyone up to pace with that new idea.

Otherwise the weekend was good. Yesterday Laura and I got outside and cleaned up the front yard. We cleaned up the flowerbeds and found flowers in them! They were covered in leaves but now we have flowers everywhere! I also moved some large rocks around into the flowerbeds. They were rocks that Laura and I had to put in the back of the truck about 2 months ago when we got stuck in the snow and I just put them along side the house expecting to return them eventually... Well the truck is STILL at the repair shop so I decided they would look nice out front. I also fixed up a bird house that was broken, so maybe we will have a bird nest to take some pictures of this summer! Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home