Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Opps!

Honestly, I was going to post day two of the hike today, but I got a little busy. Here's my excuse... Work is going pretty good. We knocked off a big job we have been working on for several months and now we are working on finishing another big job by next Friday. Today the boss told us we have the option of putting in as much overtime as necessary to finish the job by the end of next week, so we are going to work some long days to get the job done! That's good news for me, considering I took all of last week off, and a little extra pay never hurts. So that's my first excuse - I got home late today from working overtime... Second, I had to take a short nap from the short night last night and the long day of work today. Third I talked on the phone for several hours this evening with my parents and grandparents - it's grandad's birthday today so I had to wish him a happy birthday! And that brings me up to almost 10:00 pm.

I usually resize my pictures before I post them to the blog so people with slower internet can see them - namely my parents who still have dial up. Nothing wrong with dial up, but I couldn't blog if I still had a dial up connection - it's just too slow for the stuff I do.

SO, lets see here... As always, a good blog has a picture or something visual to look at to keep things interesting. I am going to dig into my photo albums I have been scanning and see what I can find for a photo today.

Ah ha! Here's one from my photo album I am scanning now - it's grandad and I. I remember that dog that is behind me as well, it's a pillow I do believe. This was in the first house I lived in until I was 2 years old - I still remember it and the room I slept in too...

...and here's a photo from last years get together for grandad's birthday. Laura and I couldn't make it this year for several reasons, mostly because it is too far to drive for a weekend... Grr, I don't like that. I think I need to be about 1,000 miles closer and then I will be satisfied - plus the duck hunting will be better too!

Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home