Sunday, November 27, 2005

Geocaching Goal Achieved

Laura and I decided that we would go Geocaching today and try to get out 400th cache. Our goal for our first year was 400 caches, and at the end of the day we are at 401 caches found. We would have found more, but we had to give up when we discovered that one of the caches was under 2 feet of snow on the pass between Idaho and Montana. So we managed to go to Idaho today, and that was a fun drive.

We had to climb a short ways to find our 400th cache. The trail was iced over and slick from snow - we fell a few times and when we got within 130 feet of the cache we had to climb the moutain without a trail - no easy task in snow, ice, and cold - but we made it. Laura took a couple hard falls, but she is tough as nails when it comes to this stuff. Sure it hurt a little, and she had to hang out a minute before moving on, but she wanted to find another cache! We got to the top of the pass into Idaho and realized there were no gas stations for quite some distance into Idaho, and we figured we only had enough gas to go 50 miles - which we pretty much did before getting gas back in Lolo, MT for $2.12 - it's slowly going to get under $2.00 by Christmas...

I also have managed to get my weight down to 186 - Laura checked it to be sure. That is nearly 10 pounds in just over 3 weeks. At this rate I could be down around 180 by Christmas - but I will have a tough time keeping it there with my mom's cooking, I will be spoiled with delicious treats! That's one thing I have missed around here, Laura likes to eat healthy foods as often as possible! EWW! However, it is good for my health right now, and once I am running everyday I won't be as worried about my health because I will run everything off anyway. I think that's all for now. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home