Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Shootin' in the Fog

Whoa, it's Wednesday morning - I thought I would run a quick update on my blog so everyone can get caught up with my Tuesday... It started Monday night actually - I tried to get to sleep around 10, but wasn't able to until 1:30 am. At 5:00 am my alarm when off, time to go hunting! That was a short night.. I arrived at my spot at 6:00 and walked the half mile out to the blind. I sat there about 45 minutes waiting for legal shooting time because there were 200-300 ducks sitting on the pond infront of the blind...A quick overview of the day goes like this: I harvested two greenheads, should have had a limit which is seven though. Had a goose I should have gotten too - poor shooting. I crippled my second duck and chased it around the marsh for 30 minutes before I finally chased it into a culvert with water flowing through it - I crawled in and got the duck and went back to the blind to recover from my retrieve. I hunted for 10.5 hours, sun up to just before sun down. I didn't take anything to eat, so when I got home at 5:30 I was ready to eat!!! I cleaned the ducks and Laura made supper, we ate at 7:00 and then I sat down for a few minutes before showering and heading for bed to get some sleep. I didn't weigh myself until after supper last night, and I was at 189.

I will report on my happenings of today this evening - there will be some pictures too - so check back. Until again

-=Nolan=-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home